Have you been wondering what the best platforms to sell digital products online are? Well, we have compiled a list of 14 different options for you.
There are so many platforms and marketplaces to sell online that deciding which one would work best for your company may be overwhelming.
Whether it's digital downloads, online courses, coaching, or subscriptions, there's something for everyone! After reading this post, we're certain you'll have clarity, and you'll be selling digital things on your website in no time!
What Are the Best Digital Product Selling Platforms?
To decide which platform is best for you, take a look at the main features and capabilities of each site to choose the best platform for selling digital items.
Some of those capabilities include customization, convenience of use for making simple digital downloads, and abilities to increase revenue through things like order bumps or upsells.
The following are the greatest platforms for selling digital products:
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Thrive Apprentice
We will do our best to give you the overall overview of the platforms, pros and cons, as well as feature lists.
Without further ado, let's get to the list.
Cartfuel makes selling online easy, whether you sell online courses, digital downloads, subscriptions or anything else.
They allow for their users to create payment forms and embed those payment forms on their website.
The real magic comes from Cartfuel's one-click upsell functionality which increases businesses customer order value by 20%.
There is no transaction fee and they connect with hundreds of external apps through Zapier.
They also allow for custom domains when using their checkout pages which you can use to sell to your potential customers without a website.
Monthly fees vary from $24 to $97 per month. However, you may save 50% on their annual plans.
Sell digital products, sell physical products, one-click upsells, order bumps, zapier integration.
No drag and drop builder, doesn't have a way to host courses on Cartfuel (coming soon)
Cartfuel Highlights include:
- No transaction fee
- No coding needed
- Super easy setup
- Features of a sophisticated shopping cart
- One-Click Upsells
- Order Bumps
- Downloadable products (ebook, PDFs, etc)
- Zapier integration
- HubSpot integration
- ActiveCampaign integration
- SendFox integration
- Klayvio integration
- Kajabi integration
- Works for Software Businesses
- Can be embedded anywhere (Wordpress, Leadpages, Webflow, Carrd etc)
Cartfuel Plans for Pricing
Cartfuel monthly plans begin at $24 and include everything you'll need to sell digital items online.
While their pro plan costs $97 per month, which includes the HubSpot CRM integration and unlimited payment forms.
However, they offer you a free 14-day trial to get started without you having to spend a dime.
If you are planning on developing your sales funnel and sending out digital files at the click of a button, Cartfuel is the best digital eCommerce platform to choose.
Sellfy is ideal for selling digital and e-commerce items over the internet.
You can construct an amazing-looking storefront in minutes with Sellfy and sell your digital and physical items all over the globe.
They include a built-in shopping cart for straightforward purchases, a mobile responsive design that looks amazing on any device, a free SSL certificate to let you sell digital downloads with confidence, and one-click Stripe connections to make accepting credit cards online a breeze.
If you want to sell both digital and physical things, here is the place to go. Cartfuel's runner-up, Sellfy, is ideal.
Monthly fees vary from $29 to $129 per month. However, you may save money on their annual plans.
Sell digital downloads, print-on-demand items, and other eCommerce items.
This isn't the ideal way to market courses.
Sellfy Highlights include:
- Any sort of goods may be sold (Ebooks, PDFs, Mini-Courses, Clothing Presets, etc.)
- Print-on-demand capabilities are built-in. (Sell items with a single mouse click)
- Produce digital subscription services
- Add your own domain
- Your storefront's drag-and-drop editor
- Provide coupon codes as well as email marketing possibilities
- Place purchase now buttons on your website and embed them
- Stripe and Paypal allow you to accept payments from anywhere
- Create effective upsells
- There are no transaction costs
Sellfy Plans for Pricing
Sellfy has a simple price structure that starts at $29 per month for the basic plan or $228 per year for the premium plan. Their business plan is $59 per month or $468 per year. The monthly premium plan costs $129, while the yearly plan costs $1,068.
They offers a 14-day free trial and monthly to yearly plans with savings of up to 34% on their annual plan.
Whether you're selling online courses, digital downloads, or any other form of online service, Samcart makes it simple to sell online.
They rose to prominence as a result of their one-page funnel strategy, which you can learn about in their free training.
Samcart was created from the ground up with a single aim in mind; Make it as simple as possible to build your own e-commerce and online company website.
Without any hidden fees, their platform includes all you need, including top-of-the-line shopping cart functionality, inventory management, templates, and more.
You can create your own professional-looking online shop in minutes using their drag-and-drop editor and website templates.
Samcart Highlights include:
- Templates that have already been developed
- Features of a sophisticated shopping cart
- Apple Pay and Google Pay are examples of digital wallets
- Create A/B tests and look at traffic statistics
- Make an online course (Add PDFs, Worksheets, and Certifications)
- Integrate with other applications (Email marketing, CRMs, Course Platforms)
- There are no transaction fees
- Courses and students are unrestricted
- Content dripping capability
Samcart Plans for Pricing
Samcart's monthly plans begin at $49 and include everything you'll need to sell digital items online.
The expand plan costs $99 per month, while the scale plan costs $199.
Samcart is one of the finest eCommerce platforms to start with if you want to develop your sales funnel, add quizzes, and send out digital files with a single click.
Podia is a digital product platform that makes it simple to sell digital goods online. They provide a 14-day free trial of their software, as well as an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor that allows you to sell your items quickly!
If you get stuck, Podia provides free resources to help you get your first digital download up and running, such as a template or spreadsheet.
You may sell both physical and digital products on your website. They also provide Stripe and PayPal integrations, as well as a built-in shopping cart function for quick payments at checkout.
Monthly rates vary from $39 to $179. However, you may save money on their annual plans.
Offer digital goods, classes, and community services to your customers. Exceptional assistance.
Creating sales funnels may be more sophisticated
Podia Highlights Include:
- With a single account, you may create courses, downloads, and subscriptions.
- Website builder with a drag-and-drop editor
- Integrated shopping cart and embedding capabilities
- Stripe, PayPal, and Shopify integrations
- Coaching services are available.
- Email marketing built-in
- For your items, create an affiliate program
- For your high-ticket classes, provide webinars
- Create upsells and fast payments for digital files or courses
- There are many payment methods available
- There are no transaction costs
- Add SEO to your website to help it rank higher in Google search results
- marketing tools built-in
Podia Plans for Pricing
Podia has a straightforward price plan that starts at $39 per month for their mover plan, $79 for the shaker plan, and $179 for the earthquake plan.
The greatest aspect is that they provide a 14-day free trial that does not need a credit card.
Podia could be your entire e-commerce platform whether you're wanting to develop online courses, coaching, or paid subscriptions.
Payhip is an easy-to-use platform that allows you to sell digital content and subscriptions.
Payhip is one of the greatest platforms to sell digital things online, with over 130,000 vendors currently utilizing the platform.
Payhip's sophisticated sales capabilities, such as discounts, affiliate programs, coupon codes, and more, make monetizing your social media platform simpler than ever.
Payhip Highlights include:
- Checkout pages that are responsive
- Customers may download files right away
- Make social discounts and coupons available.
- Pricing is pay what you wish
- Connect to your marketing tools.
- Sell software while keeping it safe
- built-in affiliate program
Payhip Pricing Strategy
Payhip offers three monthly subscriptions that range from $0 to $99 per month. Payhip is absolutely free to use at first, with a +5 transaction cost.
The plus plan is $29 per month, while the pro plan costs $99 per month and includes no transaction fees.
Payhip is a wonderful alternative if you want to concentrate only on selling digital files or basic subscriptions.
SendOwl is an all-in-one solution for selling digital items online without having to deal with various shopping carts or third-party applications.
With Sendowl, you can sell your ebooks, video courses, audio CDs, and even real things online utilizing an easy-to-use interface that handles all of the hassles associated with selling products on your eCommerce site.
SendOwl Highlights include:
- Connect to your Shopify or WordPress blog with ease
- Checkout design that is both modern and responsive
- Create several payment alternatives
- Run your own affiliate program from the ground up
- Marketing tools built-in
- Set a limit on the amount of digital downloads you may make.
- VAT regulations in the European Union
SendOwl Plans for Pricing
SendOwl provides a 30-day free trial and a basic service that costs $15 per month.
If you wish to sell subscriptions or have a self-hosted plan, SendOwl has different options.
Many users use Sendowl as a shopping cart and combine it with other programs like Podia and Teachable.
7. Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is an excellent WordPress plugin for selling digital items.
The platform enables you to sell digital items on your own website, which is beneficial to your SEO and allows you to make money from your blog organically.
The plugin is easy to use and includes a variety of features such as an affiliate program, promotional coupons, and discounted pricing for consumers who sign up for a newsletter or share material on social media. And there's more!
Easy Digital Downloads, unlike other systems that need coding ability to sell digital items, makes it simple to sell on your own site with minimum technical understanding.
Easy Digital Downloads Highlights include:
- Easily integrate "purchase now" and "add to cart" buttons into your WordPress site
- Within your WordPress dashboard, you'll find a CRM
- Create customer discount codes
- Without ever leaving your dashboard, you may see metrics.
- AffiliateWP is a WordPress affiliate program.
- Integrate with your preferred software (Zapier, Stripe, and Email Marketing)
- WordPress themes for sale
Easy Digital Downloads Plans for Pricing
Easy Digital Downloads exclusively provides annual subscriptions, with single site licenses beginning at $99 per month.
Upgrade to the higher-priced options, which start at $199-$499 yearly, if you wish to build subscriptions and take payment methods natively.
For hosting and selling digital items, ClickFunnels is a popular sales funnel software.
You can create powerful sales funnels, sell digital items, and utilize a variety of tools to help your online company flourish with ClickFunnels.
You may earn sales by establishing an email list, selling your items, and promoting deals from inside the program using their built-in marketing tools.
ClickFunnels Highlights include:
- Create conversion-optimized sales funnels
- Sell both physical and digital things
- Change the checkout options to your preference
- There are a lot of crazy templates to select from
- Create order bumps, up-sells, down-sells, and cross-sells
- Make mini-courses available on the internet
- Everything is included on a single dashboard
- Make your own attractive sales pages
ClickFunnels Plans for Pricing
Clickfunnels' cheapest subscription is $97 per month, while their most expensive plan is $2,497 per month.
Unless you make more than 7-figures per year, you don't need to upgrade to the highest plan; if you do, congrats and go ahead and upgrade to the Two Comma ClubX plan!
ClickFunnels also has a comprehensive training library if you need any assistance with your sales funnels.
If you just need the sales funnel capability, it might be better to use something like Cartfuel and embed it on your website.
Teachable is a web-based platform for digital items, coaching services, and online courses.
Graded quizzes, badges, and certifications are all included into Teachable.
They also provide easily consumable training films for your digital product firm on a variety of topics.
You can sell digital items via your Teachable course, which means you have complete control over everything from the pricing to the descriptions to the categories.
Teachable Highlights include:
- Make use of your own domain
- Keep track of sales and examine the data
- Provide your students with a variety of payment options
- Provides an internal affiliate scheme for students who wish to advertise themselves
- Protect your films and downloads by hosting them on a secure server
- Check to see whether your clients have completed and seen their goods
- For contemporary pupils, a modern design
Teachable Plans for Pricing
You may create an infinite number of courses, downloads, and students regardless of your package. The cheapest package is $39 per month, while the most expensive option is $299 per month.
Teachable provides a free trial as well as savings on annual subscriptions.
Teachable is ideal for these sorts of initiatives since it makes video hosting, digital material, and online courses accessible to consumers with a beautiful design touch.
Gumroad provides a single location for artists and businesses to showcase and sell their goods and subscriptions.
Gumroad, in my opinion, is ideal for newcomers who are searching for a cost-effective way to market their digital material rapidly.
So, let's have a look at the features that are offered!
Gumroad Highlights include:
- A simple yet effective landing page form
- Gumroad makes it simple to import your email list
- Analytical tools to track sales and clicks
- Create several versions of your merchandise
- Checkout pages that are simple and easy to use
- Customers get their purchases right away
- Make membership subscription plans accessible.
- To sell software, create license keys
- Ability to sell tangible goods
Gumroad Plans for Pricing
For $0-$10 per month, Gumroad provides two programs to sell your digital items. With their premium plan, each includes transaction costs of 3.5 percent + 30 cents each charge.
Gumroad is a terrific place to start selling digital things online whether you're a content producer, artist, or business.
Gumroad is a terrific place to start selling digital things online whether you’re a content producer, artist, or business. Read the rest of my Gumroad review here.
With Kajabi, you can generate money in more ways than ever before.
Whether it's an online course, coaching, membership sites, or a podcast, there's something for everyone. You'll discover all the tools you need to build, advertise, and sell your product without any prior expertise!
You can also establish an online shop with Kajabi and provide upsells to your consumers to increase your profit margins.
Kajabi Highlights include:
- Everything is available at one location
- Most payment options are seamlessly integrated
- Email marketing and other marketing solutions are available via Kajabi
- Leads are tracked and lead tags are created based on their behaviors
- CRM system built-in
- Customers may access their digital downloads from anywhere in the globe using Kajabi's mobile app
Kajabi Pricing Structures:
Kabaji offers a 14-day free trial, after which you may choose one of their subscription plans ranging from $149 to $399 per month.
If you buy an annual plan, you will get a 20% discount.
Kajabi is ideal for those who work with digital items and courses. The only reason it isn't at the top of the list is because of the price, which may deter many newcomers.
Koji is a link in bio tool that shows you how to use powerful programs to export digital goods, sell advertising space, and make money in a variety of ways.
Many designers and social media gurus may use Koji's suite of tools to get started selling right away.
Koji can help you get the job done without investing money on software or plugins, whether you're creating a paid email or providing online tutoring.
Koji Highlights include:
On Koji, you may use any app for free.
- Make compensated AMAs for your audience.
- Include a tip jar and a link to a digital download for them.
- For SEO rankings, Koji comes with a custom domain.
- Ideal for social media profiles
- Access to media and files may be sold.
Koji Pricing Structures:
Koji is absolutely free to use, with just a small portion of each transaction being charged.
Start adding additional links to your bio, such as email opt-ins and sales sites, using the link in bio tool.
13. Thrive Apprentice
Thrive Apprentice is a Thrive Suite WordPress plugin that sells digital items via an easy-to-use interface.
Thrive Apprentice works seamlessly with your WordPress platform if you don't want to leave your blog site. If you want to rank your courses and get organic traffic from search engine results pages, this is a terrific option.
One of the best features of Thrive Apprentice is that everything is built-in natively, so you won't need another membership plugin. Sell online courses, mini-courses, digital downloads, manuals, and free workshops, as well as online courses, mini-courses, and digital downloads.
Thrive Apprentice Highlights include:
- Create stunning courses with complete visual editing capabilities
- Sendowl, Thrivecart, and Woocommerce all have integrations
- Create an infinite number of courses and goods
- Make free lead magnets for your other items
- Create material drips and quizzes for pupils
- Setup is straightforward
- Thrive Suite allows you to create amazing templates.
Thrive Apprentice Plans for Pricing
You'll need to pay up for the full thrive suite subscription, which is $228 paid yearly, to gain immediate access to Thrive Apprentice.
A $90 quarterly plan is also available.
Thrive Suite includes unlimited maintenance and upgrades, as well as the addition of Thrive Apprentice to 25 of your websites.
DigisStore24 is an online marketplace where you can sell digital items including software and subscriptions. When you sell your items on DigiStore24, they handle all of the marketing for you.
That's correct, as long as your digital product is useful and sells rapidly, affiliates will advertise it on their websites for you without you having to do anything.
Digistore24 Highlights include:
- Using affiliates for marketing
- Everything is taken care of for you.
- Anti-fraud measures
- For the sales page, there is a shopping cart widget
- Purchases should be tested before going live
- For your items, a simple vault
Both you and your clients will find Digistore24 to be free and simple to use. Most significantly, since sales are paid a Standard fee: 7.9% + $1, it's a cost-effective option for selling digital items or subscriptions.
It's also worth noting that vendors perform all of the legwork for you, and all you have to do is provide the goods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the best place to sell digital products?
A: Reddit is a very popular website that people find to sell things on. One of the most common places for sellers and buyers, especially those with digital products like games and music, is r/gameswap (reddits marketplace).
Where can I sell my digital products online?
A: You can list your product on a website that specializes in selling digital products. There are many to choose from, such as Digital River and Amazons FBA program.
What are the most profitable digital products to sell online?
A: The most profitable digital products to sell online are usually health and legal related, such as courses or books.